One of my favourite meals right now is an avocado and nut salad. It’s simple to make, rich in good fats and vegan. I’m not actually vegan but I like to keep my dairy and meat consumption to a minimum. To do so is more in keeping with my personal views on how animals should be treated and its better for the environment. With that in mind, I like to include quite a few vegan meals in my diet and this salad is a really tasty one.
When possible I suggest using organic ingredients. The facts are in, organic food contains less harmful chemicals and is therefore better for those of us who want to build strength though calisthenics. However, organics do come at a higher price, so if you can’t afford them, don’t worry (after all, stressing probably does more damage to the body than a few chemicals on your avocados!).
How to make Avocado and Walnut salad:
- Peel the avocados and chop them into small chunks. Place the chunks into the bowl or container you intend to eat or serve the salad in.
- Crush a handful of walnuts over the avocados. You can do this by hand by simply breaking individual nuts between your fingers.
- (Optional) Add a few Brazil nut halves into the mix.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over the salad. Not only does the lemon juice taste good it also acts as a natural preservative, keeping the avocado green for longer.
- Pour a liberal amount of olive oil over the entire salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Avocados
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of Brazil nuts (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper